Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Fiber Friends and Back on the Band wagon...

I'm so so excited about the new sheep on the farm!! and the new alpacas!!! and the new baby lambs due next month to one of my very favorite girls! Not to mention getting that yummy sheep milk!! 

Very busy couple of weeks here..I've been working to get caught up on soap and lotion inventory before spring gets here,,, and trying to get lots of spinning done..use up some of this wool I have before shearing! 
and the garden... things are going to be different this year with the garden! It has to be, its wearing me out!

Anyways... meet the new sheepies and other fiber friends!


Cotswold lamb wether, Hegai , and dairy ewe Chablis
I was starting to think I would never get Suris... but thanks to a wonderful lady in PA who put me in contact with another wonderful lady in WV, I have these 2 beauties... and The Bald Man doesn't know it... but IF I can find more I would love to have more when we get the new pastures fenced.
I love all my Pacas...I love the way they hummmmm when I feed them... I like the way they make the 'clear my throat' noise to let me know to duck because someone is about to be spit on! and I don't want to be caught in the crossfire of that!!!
 theres just something about the Suris... they look so 'neat' and exotic.. where the Huacaya alpacas look like foofy teddy bear like creatures!!
and I look working with the Suris unique fiber! and those locks!!!! soooo beautiful!
Suri Boys, Hercules and Fable!! So SO happy to have these guys ,, I can't even tell you!

Same with this guy... SO thrilled to have him... Wensleydale wether Odin... the farm he cam from called him Henry.. but he just doesn't look like a henry to me..
I was also beginning to think I'd never have Wensleydales.... so hard to find!! But thanks to another kind & sweet person who told me about another .. I have 3 now!!! and that lovely little Cotswold guy above...also not an easy sheep to find... but way easier than a wensleydale,,
So LONG!!!! can you say EXTREME Tailspinning! I can!
This guys a baby, but he's going to have some awesome curls too! and soft,,,so soft!
Sweet wensleydale lamb wether, Duke, he has a twin sister we named Duchess.
Heres what I mean by back on the band wagon...
I need to lose 10 lbs ... I have been incredibly lazy this last year...and I admit...I've ate like a piggie the last year too.... and I'm not telling you how much I gained... but we'll just say I got 10 more to go and leave it at that!!!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful blessed week... I've got soap to cut and lotions to bottle... then off to the barn yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment